Thursday, May 8, 2008

D-O-N-E!!

This morning I turned my final revisions into the graduate school for my dissertation. It almost required a degree just to turn it in and meet all the requirements (10x13 inch manila envelope with metal clasp with 2 flyleafs, 3 extra title pages, 1 extra signed abstract, taped title page on front, receipt for archiving fee, etc etc). My revisions were pretty simple - took about 3 days. As of this afternoon, my online transcript says "Doctor of Philosophy degree requirements met on May 8, 2008." DONE DONE DONE DONE!!!

In other news, I've attended two births in the last two weeks too. Birth stories coming soon. One was a 92-hour marathon birth (I was only present for the last 25 hours). The other was an induction with hx of embolism complications that ended well with 4 hours of pushing. Both were good. Can't believe I fit them in there with all the defense stuff going on.

So now I'm taking a little time off from school. Gonna work on relaxing and reclaiming my sanity and health, develop my childbirth classes a bit, go see a movie, and go meet some new babies...

FREEDOM!!!!!!

No comments: